I know the feeling.....
After seeing to the kids, family and your career, there is absolutely no time to exercise or diet for weight loss.
Any exercise routine on average will take at least one to two hours when you include getting ready and travelling time, and I certainly don't know any working mom or dad that has two hours of free time everyday.
This lack of free time is one of the major causes of weight gain as you get older. The other main reasons are the effects of aging on your metabolism and hormones.
Addressing these actual causes of weight gain as you get older yield far better results for weight loss compared to the exercise harder, eat less methods that worked in your twenties.
Try implementing these 4 easy steps for sustainable healthy weight loss.
Warning: This is not a lose weight fast method, it is a healthy science based method that does not require lots of time or strict dieting. It was designed for busy parents to lose weight and keep it off over the long term.
Step #1 - An Easy Meal Plan (Timing vs Quantity)
- Never restrict or starve yourself, it slows down your metabolism, it’s unsustainable and you are more likely to end up binging on the wrong foods. Eat as much as you want of the right foods at the right time See foods below.
- Make protein the largest component of your meals and add a choice of vegetable that is high in fibre, choose from the foods below and eat as much as you want. Not all carbohydrates are bad, some can even help with weight loss. You must eat your carbohydrates for breakfast and lunch only, and never for supper.
- Successful dieters eat at the exact same time every day and they don’t eat for at least two hours before they sleep. Studies have also shown massive weight loss benefits when dieters have a 12 hour gap between their last meal of the day and their first meal (this is easily achieved as you will be sleeping most of the time). The more precise you are with your timing the better the results.
Plan one cheat day a week where you can eat whatever you want. This actually prevents the down regulation of hormones which prevents your metabolism from slowing down, and it makes the rest of the week easier to get through.
Eat as much as you want of these foods WITHIN THE RULES ABOVE above:
Protein: eggs, chicken, beef, fish, pork, soy beans
Vegetables: spinach, asparagus, beans, lentils, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peas
Carbohydrates: 100 % wholegrain wheat bread, oats, brown and wild rice, quinoa. Avoid all white bread products.
Step #2 - 5 Minutes to Burn 100's of Calories
This may surprise you...
Sweat drenched exercise routines are not the only way to burn calories.
Several clinical studies shows us that small amounts of body weight resistance training can increase your metabolism for longer periods compared to long cardiovascular workouts.
Doing 3-4 sets of squats or push ups at home will take less between 5-10 minutes and will have a 48 hour impact on your metabolism and hormone levels burning calories long after you stop exercising.
Step #3 - Give Your Metabolism a Boost
Give your metabolism a boost with these easy to achieve actions:
- Drink 8 glasses of cold water a day, it can burn the same amount of calories as a 3 mile run at average speed.
- Eat as much protein as possible. The easiest way is to add in a protein shake after every meal.
- Sleep 7 to 8 hours a day. It instantly boosts your metabolism and dramatically reduces cravings and hunger.
- Sit Less, increasing the amount of time you stand in a day can burn an unbelievable number of calories. Just stand as much as possible to increase your non-exercise activity thermogenesis and burn calories without breaking a sweat.
- for detailed explanations and more ways to increase your metabolism check out our free guide here.
Step #4 - End Cravings and Hunger
- Cravings and hunger are the main reasons for most diet failures. Most of it is psychological and just bad habits developed over the years. The good news is that they can be unlearned and we can train our minds to resist cravings.
- Figure out what cues, people, places or situations trigger you to make poor food choices or eat emotionally. Avoid all of them or schedule them for your next cheat day.
- Never allow yourself to get hungry, it’s the easiest way to prevent cravings and eating the wrong foods. Pre-plan and pre-think all your meals to prevent any "On the Spot Food Decisions".
- Use deconditioning strategies to end those unbreakable cravings for good. You can find deconditioning strategies and detailed explanations here.
For more science backed strategies to lose weight and look younger please visit our blog. Email us with any of your questions email@example.com (we are extremely busy but we will respond within 3 days)